I’ve missed you so! I truly do enjoy our conversations on the blogosphere, and today, on my birthday, I’m calling my blogiday quits. I was able to accomplish some things while I was out, but at times it hurt to be so far away from sharing my thoughts with you. The Sandal is my outlet…my therapy. But I kept you in mind–I created a couple of drafts of posts yet to come and thoughts I wished to share with you. And I even checked in on you from time to time by checking the stats. I was astonished and excited that so many of you were checking in on me! On a couple of days, I had more than 50 visitors. Thanks for the blog love! Still, its best that I didn’t break our blogiday. I still had trouble boiling eggs that were not in the pot during my hiatus, and once I mistook ear drops for eye drops. I needed a break. But this is what I did do while I was out, to be elaborated on in upcoming posts Lord willing…
- I entertained an idea of developing a new blog devoted to crafting (mostly crochet) and children/parenting interests. What do you think about that?
- I attended a wedding at the Farm of Peace in Pennsylvania.
- I finished crocheting a spring/summer sweater for Noora and some slippers as well.
- I read a number of good books.
- I tried extreme couponing and still can’t quite get it. We managed to save 22% though!
- I researched my ancestry on ancestry.com and found some very interesting things.
- I didn’t do much work on my novel and decided that I’ll work on it after Ramadan inshAllah. It’s just around the corner anyway. But I’m working on having a first draft outline so that once Ramadan is over I can get to writing without pause. Meanwhile, I’m drafting a writing plan to keep me on schedule thanks to the book, My So-Called Freelance Life.
- And as of yesterday, I’ll be starting a gardening apprenticeship with my elderly-Tai-Chi-wielding-Green-Thumb-genius-of-a-neighbor, Ms. Linda. I need to get outside a little more.
I did other things like clean the house, semi-organize scrapbooking projects, and take long walks around my neighborhood, but none of that seems quite as interesting as the above :). I could show you pictures of my spring cleaning initiatives, but then I’d have to raise your clearance level. So nevermind that, here’s to continued beginnings!